Terms & Conditions
The following are terms and conditions of use of the Lumix G Experience UK site (www.lumixgexperience.co.uk ) and your use of this site constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions of use.
Accessing Our Site and Updates
Whilst we do not undertake to maintain the website in any condition or at all, we will make updates and may change the content at any time. Any of the material on our website may be out of date at any given time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, to users who have registered with us.
If you choose, or you are provided with a user identification code, username, password or any other piece of information as part of security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential and you must not disclose it to any third party. We reserve the right to disable any identification or password, whether chose by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion we believe you have failed to comply with this website’s terms and conditions of use.
Unless specified to the contrary, we are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the content of this website and materials are protected by copyright and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. No part of the content of this website may be reproduced in any form or used in any other way except with Panasonic’s prior written permission or in accordance with these terms and conditions of use.
You may print off or download the visible text on the site for personal non-commercial purposes including but not limited to the structure, overall style and source code.
You recognise and acknowledge the intellectual property rights of us and of other users of the website, and accordingly you will refrain from downloading or copying any information of whatever nature from the website save as is expressly permitted by us.
Lumix G Experience Community Rules
- Uploading material or making any comments that could be construed as abusive, threatening, or contain defamatory content, rude, discriminatory, insulting to any person, or anything that incites hatred or discrimination against any social, religious or ethnic group
- Uploading offensive content such as sexually explicit or indecent comments, obscenities, and profanities
- Uploading images which contain any nudity or have the potential to cause offence.
- Uploading material or making any comments that could be potentially libellous or contain defamatory content, or anything that is submitted in potential breach of copyright
- Uploading material or content that could be in contempt of court
- Uploading material or content that condones or promotes illegal activities
- Spamming (i.e. the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times)
- Giving out or requesting personal details (such as your phone number, password or address) or arranging real-life meetings
- Advertising or campaigning for a religious, political or charitable cause
- Messages not written in the English language
- Providing links to other sites whose content would break any of the above rules
We reserve the right to use our discretion when reviewing material uploaded and may remove any material we feel is not in keeping with the character and spirit of the site or not relevant to the community or that we feel is offensive. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
You shall refrain from knowingly uploading any virus, trojans, worms, logic bombs or similar other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. Your must not attempt to gain unathorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to this site. In addition, you shall take reasonable precautions to ensure virus-free transmission of material to be uploaded.
Lumix G Experience Picture and Video Gallery Rules
Any material that you upload to this site shall be original material photographed or recorded by you, and shall not include within it (whether as a whole or in part) any representation of any copyrighted image or video and you warrant that the uploading by you of the photograph or video is not in breach of any third party’s intellectual property and privacy rights of whatever nature and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution.
By uploading and sharing any photographic material to the Lumix G Experience gallery or by uploading or sharing any video material to the video gallery, you hereby grant us a royalty free, worldwide perpetual licence to use, copy and distribute any photographic or video material for promotional purposes as we may decide, whether on our behalf or in conjunction with any entity. Please note that ownership of the copyright in the material will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it. You warrant that all moral rights in the materials have been and are waived We will make reasonable endeavours to request the image owner’s permission before using them for such promotional activity but failure to make such request will not prevent us from using the material.
We endeavour to publish digital images without enhancements or treatments from photo software. You may enter images that have been cropped or slightly enhanced by software, but we will not accept any addition or effects. We reserve the right to remove any photo that we feel has been touched to a point that it becomes artificial. This decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
All videos shared via YouTube are subject to YouTube terms and conditions.
Where any promotional contest or game is offered on the website you agree to follow the rules of such promotion and the judging process. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into with contestants.
Whilst every care is taken with the information provided in the (www.lumixgexperience.co.uk websites), we do not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions. Design, specifications and prices are subject to change without prior notice.
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we and any member of our group of companies hereby expressly exclude:-
All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or equity.
Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site and any materials posted on it including;
- Loss of income or revenue;
- Loss of business;
- Loss of profits or contracts;
- Loss of anticipated savings;
- Loss of data;
- Loss of goodwill;
- Wasted time;
- Injury to feelings
- Whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, not any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
These terms and conditions of use may be varied and updated at any time by us by amending this page.
These terms and conditions of use are governed by and should be construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site.
This website is operated by Panasonic UK, a branch of Panasonic Marketing Europe GmbH, BR015033 operating at Panasonic House, Willoughby Road, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 8FP.
Lumix G Experience club membership Terms and Conditions
Membership to the club is free and applicable for Lumix G Owners and residents of UK and Irish postal addresses only.
Lumix G Experience is the property of Panasonic UK, a branch of Panasonic Marketing Europe GmbH which reserves the right, at any time without notice, to: (a) terminate the Lumix G Experience scheme without any reason; and (b) on reasonable grounds, withdraw or cancel Lumix G Experience membership, or to alter or amend the conditions of operation of the Lumix G Experience scheme. Reasonable grounds include (i) any abuse or attempted abuse of the scheme, (ii) any reasonable suspicion of dishonesty on the part of a member in connection with the scheme.
The Lumix G Experience scheme is only for personal and consumer use. Lumix G Experience credit cannot be transferred, sold or in any way traded.
Being a member of the Lumix G Experience club is conditional upon you abiding by the Terms and Conditions of Use.
- LUMIX Academy is a free photography program which provides 12 sets of tutorial modules from beginner, intermediate and advanced levels.
- If you are a member of the LUMIX G Experience community site then you will be able to access all 36 tutorials under the learn section on the site provided you are logged in.
Lumix G Expert Profiles
What is an Expert User’s role?
An Expert User is a Lumix G Experience community member who has been identified as someone who provides other site members with valued regular support, guidance and advice within the community.
Stand out traits of an Expert User are as follows;
- Advocates of the Lumix G systems range.
- Provide a regular presence within the community and forum.
- Have a high degree of photography knowledge and are able to share their experience with other members.
- Have been identified as providing support to other members of the site over a period of time.
Our UK Lumix G Experts are:
How do I become an Expert User?
- Panasonic reserve the right to choose whom they deem appropriate as an ‘Expert User’ for the community at any time.
- An ‘Expert User’ can recommend another community member for ‘Expert User’ status, which will be taken into consideration by Panasonic whose final decision is final.
- Panasonic reserve the right to remove or add an Expert user status at any time without reason.
How do I know someone is an Expert User?
An ‘Expert User’ icon will be shown next to the members username on their photo pages, all comments and all forum posts.
Do Expert Users get any additional site privileges?
An Expert User will receive additional gallery space (extra 50 photos) as a thank you for their role within the community.