Lumix G X lenses

Panasonic Launches World-First High Performance Interchangeable Power Zoom Lenses for Lumix G Cameras

LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 14-42mm and LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 45-175mm.

Panasonic has announced the arrival of two new high performance interchangeable lenses for their Lumix G System cameras; the Lumix G X H-PS14042 and X H-PS45175. The new ultra compact electronic power zoom lenses are the first from the premium lens brand, ‘X’ for LUMIX G. Lumix G X lenses are a new breed of the highest quality zoom lenses, based on the Micro Four Thirds System standard. Their focal lengths complement each other perfectly for quality wide angle, portrait and landscape imagery.

The new LUMIX premium ‘X’ brand is at the forefront of the next generation of camera lenses; utilising the best in advanced optical performance. The new lenses feature Panasonic’s unique nano surface coating technology, optical image stabilisation (POWER O.I.S.) and aspherical and ED glass elements to achieve superb image quality while maintaining compact and light design.

Read the full press release

Tags: ,

Member Comments

1. posted a comment on 3 September 2011 at 7:38 am

Very nice!! but i personally would much like a teleconverter for my 100-300 lens.So get a grip Panasonic and give us something we really want!!!!!!
    regards Trevor green.

2. tomwhiley posted a comment on 4 September 2011 at 12:42 pm

As a wildlife photographer I agree with Trevor. A 500mm X series ED lens would be very very nice…..

3. bobwinn posted a comment on 22 September 2011 at 5:26 pm

I agree, a 250mm lens f2.8 = 500mm would be great and also a 60mm macro = 120mm lens as the 45mm = 90mm Leica lens needs to be to close to the subject!

4. posted a comment on 23 September 2011 at 5:38 am

I found that I got much better resolution out of an old Minolta MD prime 50mm lens attached to my GF2 by an adapter (100mm equivalent in 35mm terms), than any of my Panasonic lenses. Anything that Panasonic can do to improve the performance of their lens range, without going to the very high price of Leica, would be most welcome. I plan on buying one or both of these X brand lenses.

5. mrt posted a comment on 3 October 2011 at 3:40 pm

Hi Stephen. The lens sounds very good and the offer is an excellent one. I’ve got the 45-200 and although it has its limitations I enjoy using it and it is a good lens for the price. However, can I be sure of significantly better IQ which will compensate for the cut in focal length should I take up the offer?

6. garthibiza posted a comment on 13 October 2011 at 8:05 am

I like your comments Ian Sims, and would like to know where you can find an adaptor to fit other camera lenses to the G1 camera please.

7. dilbar posted a comment on 13 October 2011 at 7:43 pm

I presume the 45-175mm fits the G2. What does it do better than the cheaper
    Panasonic H-fs045200e Lumix G Vario 45-200mm

8. chrisb-d posted a comment on 14 October 2011 at 9:50 pm

Silly question, Micro Four Thirds, is Micro Four Thirds right? so this will work on my G2 with out any problems?

9. pjpeter posted a comment on 6 November 2011 at 6:33 pm

Great offer thanks 🙂

10. bazw1 posted a comment on 15 January 2012 at 6:59 pm

It would be nice if they dropped the price on
    there lens to.

11. dalton posted a comment on 13 April 2012 at 7:43 am

I have just recieved a G3 4 days ago, I would like more lenses but the prices are somewhat steep, I was wondering has there been an article about compatible lenses for my camera ?
    When I was chatting to one of the sales people in the shop they mentioned that the olympus lenses where compatible and a lot cheaper, but he never said which.
    Could anyone in here tell me more ?