It gives me great pleasure to announce the winner of our Lumix New Year’s Quiz. Yes, winner! Only one person answered all the questions correctly 🙂
Many thanks to everyone who took the time to enter. I hope you enjoyed taking part and that the questions expanded, or cemented, your knowledge of the Lumix system and its history. In fact I was very impressed with the level of expertise within the community and almost everyone got almost all the answers right. There was one question, of course, that was designed to challenge you a little more than the others and only one person got that right.
The first Panasonic Lumix camera with interchangeable lenses was, of course, the Four Thirds system Lumix DMC-L1. This was followed by the L10 a year or so before the Lumix G series of the Micro Four Thirds system was launched. The first Lumix G camera was the Lumix G1, but the L1 came well before that. Sorry, but there had to be one tricky question.
The winner, by one mark, is Stephen Green. Congratulations! You win the admiration and respect of your peers – and that, as we all know, is priceless.
Here are the answers:
1. When was the Micro Four Thirds system first announced?
2. What was the name of the first Lumix interchangeable lens camera?
b (Lumix DMC-L1)
3. Which is the home country of the Lumix system?
4. What is the ‘standard’ focal length for the Lumix G system?
5. Which is the smallest current Lumix interchangeable lens camera?
a (Lumix DC-GX880)
6. What is the maximum frame rate of the Lumix DC-G9 in stills mode?
7. Which is the only Lumix model to offer Live View Composite Recording?
c (Lumix DC-G90)
8. What is the widest focal length the Lumix G system offers?
9. What is the maximum flash sync speed of the Lumix DC-LX100 II?
10. One of these cameras has a ‘multi aspect-ratio’ sensor. Which is it?
11. What is the longest electronic shutter speed of Lumix cameras?
c (1 second)
12. What is the longest focal length available in the Lumix G lens range?
13. What is the longest focal length available in the Lumix S lens range?
14. When used in High Resolution mode the Lumix DC-S1R outputs images of which dimensions?
b (16736×11168 pixels)
15. What is Panasonic’s unique focusing technology called?
16. If you were really serious about full frame video recording which Lumix camera would suit you best?
c (Lumix DC-S1H)
17. In slow motion video recording which is the highest frame rate offered by the Lumix GH5S?
18. What is the file extension of the raw files from a Lumix camera?
19. Which battery fits the DC-LX100II, the DC-GX9 and the DC-GX80 cameras?
20. Which current Lumix camera has a flip up viewfinder?
21. In the current Winter Promotion how much cashback is offered on purchases of the Leica DG Elmarit 200mm f/2.8 Power OIS?
22. What is the resolution of the EVF of the Lumix DC-S1 and DC-S1R?
c (5.7 million dots)
23. What does the L stand for in the L.Monochrome Photo Style?
a (Low Key)
24. In 4K Photo mode how many pictures do most Lumix cameras record in one second?
25. In Silent Mode what shutter setting do Lumix cameras use?
Thanks again to all who took part, and well done to Stephen.