About half a mile outside of the town of Pershore is this old bridge over the River Avon. A bridge was first built here in about 1413. In 1644, during the English Civil War, a later bridge was damaged and almost destroyed. In subsequent years the bridge was maintained by re-using stones from nearby Elmley Castle and Pershore Abbey. In 1926 the bridge was taken out of service for road traffic and is now used only as a footbridge.
0 0 Comments 568 Views