Shooting at Night
I’d quite like someone else to judge this one so that I can enter, as I love shooting at night. The world turns a whole pile of different colours once the sun has gone down, with the street lights glowing orange, shop windows tinting those passing by with a hint of green and cars lifting people, objects and views with their warm yellow headlights. Everything takes on a new look that would be impossible to imagine during the day.
For this contest I want to see towns, cities and villages shot after sunset. You might show a portrait, some architecture or a street scene, and you don’t have to shoot in colour, but I want you to embrace the conditions rather than see the restricted light as a set-back.
You might want to get the tripod out to do some long exposure stuff, or switch the ISO up and open the aperture for some shallow depth-of-field work with a bit of grainy atmosphere. How you work is up to you, but test yourself to come back with something a bit different.
Although astro-photography is taken at night it is such a specific branch of photography that I think we’ll save that for another time. If you have stars or the moon in the shot that’s fine, but they shouldn’t be the subject or too dominant in the frame.
You have until the end of December 11th to get your entries in.
The lucky winner this time will receive a fantastic H&Y magnetic filter kit that makes changing filters a doddle. The kit comprises magnetic stripes that attach to your filter holder, and three sets of magnetic frames for your 100mm filters. You replace the filter slots on your holder with the magnets and clip the frames around your filters. Then the filters just stick to the holder and can be switched in no time at all. It is all very handy.
- The Competition (“The Lumix G Experience Photo Challenge”) is open to residents of the UK and Republic of Ireland (ROI) aged 18 years or over, excluding employees and their immediate families (defined as parents, siblings, children & spouse regardless of where they live) of Panasonic U.K. Limited (“Promoter”), its affiliated companies, their agents or anyone professionally connected with this promotion.
- To enter, submit one picture representing the current theme of the challenge. Only one picture per user is allowed for this competition. The competitor who submits the best picture will be awarded a H&Y filter holder adapter. There will be no prizes awarded for 2nd or 3rd runners up.
- The picture should be submitted between 13th November 2018 and 11th December 2018 through the Photo Challenge section of the Lumix G Experience website: https://www.lumixgexperience.panasonic.co.uk/competitions/photo-challenge
- Winners will be selected by a third party chosen Panasonic agency with an independent promotional verification service, from all valid entries received by 11th December 2018.
- Winners will be notified by phone or email using the information supplied at time of entry within 7 days of the end of the competition.
- At no time should you endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or infringe any laws when taking pictures. In particular do not provide to us images of any individual without obtaining their prior consent for us to publish and process their images.
- By participation in this promotion you confirm that you have the ownership rights in the pictures and do grant Panasonic a royalty-free, non-exclusive license to publish and otherwise use the material in any way that we want, and in any media worldwide.
- Prizes are not transferable and unless outlined in these terms and conditions of Promotion there are no cash alternatives available.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to offer alternative prizes of equal or greater value.
- Please allow up to 28 days for delivery of the prize. Prizes will be delivered to UK and ROI addresses only.
- Promoter reserves the right to request proof of age and identity of winners.
- By entering the Promotion entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and Terms and Conditions of Promotion. All entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions of Promotion.
- Any breach of these Terms and Conditions of Promotion may invalidate an entry and/or result in a forfeit of the prize.
- Winners agree to participate in any reasonable publicity arranged by the Promoter or its agencies.
- The Promoter or its agencies accept no responsibility for entries lost, damaged, corrupted, delayed or otherwise not received for any reason, whether any such failure is within the control of the Promoter or its agencies. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt of receipt.
- The Promoter or its agencies accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by an entrant as a result of entering this Promotion or accepting or not accepting any of the prizes. However nothing shall exclude the liability of Promoter for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- Promoter’s decision is final in all matters relating to this Promotion and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Your personal data which you provide to us will be used only to facilitate the Competition.
- Promoter is Panasonic UK, a branch of Panasonic Marketing Europe GmbH, Maxis 2, Western Road, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 1RT
- Please do not send entries to this address.