The theme for this photo challenge is water. You might send me a picture of the rain or of a river, a glass of fancy French sparkling with a slice of lemon or the ocean stretching away into the distance.
What I am looking for though are photographs that demonstrate the qualities and characteristics of water; its fluidity, its clarity, its reflectance, its ability to distort and so on.
Go on, stun me by passing light through it, by bouncing light from it, by showing me what it looks like moving, still, frozen or falling from the sky. The water might be in the landscape, in a bottle or in the bath – all you have to do is make the most of it.
As always, originality will be rewarded.
The winner of this contest will receive a fabulous Hähnel ProCube2 battery charger. This super-fast charger can power-up two batteries simultaneously and gets the job done much more quickly than standard chargers – from flat to fully powered in about 50 minutes.
It comes with interchangeable plates so it can accept three different types of Panasonic battery, as well as a plate for 4 AA cells. It also has a USB socket so cameras that charge via USB, such as the GX80 and GX800, can benefit too. It will also do your phone, of course.
The ProCube2 gets your batteries to 75% really quickly, so it is easy to top-up to get you through to the end of a shoot, and the amount of charge in each battery is displayed alongside the number of mAhs added during the charge. Supplied adapters allow the ProCube2 to be used in the car and with UK, USA and European sockets.
Users of DMW-PLC12, BLF19 and BLG10 batteries will be able to use the charger – so users of all current G series models and FZ models will be able to charge their batteries. For more information see the Hähnel website.
Good luck – you have until midnight April 29th to enter.
- The Competition (“The Lumix G Experience Photo Challenge”) is open to residents of the UK and Republic of Ireland (ROI) aged 18 years or over, excluding employees and their immediate families (defined as parents, siblings, children & spouse regardless of where they live) of Panasonic U.K. Limited (“Promoter”), its affiliated companies, their agents or anyone professionally connected with this promotion.
- To enter, submit one picture representing the current theme of the challenge. Only one picture per user is allowed for this competition. The competitor who submits the best picture will be awarded an A3 canvas of their photo. There will be no prizes awarded for 2nd or 3rd runners up.
- The picture should be submitted between 25th March 2018 and 29th April 2018 through the Photo Challenge section of the Lumix G Experience website: www.lumixgexperience.panasonic.co.uk/photo-challenge
- Winners will be selected by a third party chosen Panasonic agency with an independent promotional verification service, from all valid entries received by 29th April 2018.
- Winners will be notified by phone or email using the information supplied at time of entry within 7 days of the end of the competition.
- At no time should you endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or infringe any laws when taking pictures. In particular do not provide to us images of any individual without obtaining their prior consent for us to publish and process their images.
- By participation in this promotion you confirm that you have the ownership rights in the pictures and do grant Panasonic a royalty-free, non-exclusive license to publish and otherwise use the material in any way that we want, and in any media worldwide.
- Prizes are not transferable and unless outlined in these terms and conditions of Promotion there are no cash alternatives available.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to offer alternative prizes of equal or greater value.
- Please allow up to 28 days for delivery of the prize. Prizes will be delivered to UK and ROI addresses only.
- Promoter reserves the right to request proof of age and identity of winners.
- By entering the Promotion entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and Terms and Conditions of Promotion. All entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions of Promotion.
- Any breach of these Terms and Conditions of Promotion may invalidate an entry and/or result in a forfeit of the prize.
- Winners agree to participate in any reasonable publicity arranged by the Promoter or its agencies.
- The Promoter or its agencies accept no responsibility for entries lost, damaged, corrupted, delayed or otherwise not received for any reason, whether any such failure is within the control of the Promoter or its agencies. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt of receipt.
- The Promoter or its agencies accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by an entrant as a result of entering this Promotion or accepting or not accepting any of the prizes. However nothing shall exclude the liability of Promoter for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- Promoter’s decision is final in all matters relating to this Promotion and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Your personal data which you provide to us will be used only to facilitate the Competition.
- Promoter is Panasonic UK, a branch of Panasonic Marketing Europe GmbH, Willoughby Road, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12
- Please do not send entries to this address.