Black and White
We are lucky to use cameras that have a lot of black and white facilities, what with the monochrome viewfinder and the Monochrome Photo Style – or three in the latest models. In fact, Panasonic has been doing good black and white for longer than it has been doing good colour, so we are well kitted out for this competition.
Black and white pictures exclude colour so that we can concentrate on shape, texture and tone without bright reds shouting for our attention. A good black and white needs careful composition, just as a colour shot does, but we also often need to work harder to make the subject stand out.
For this competition I’m looking for clever use of black and white, well considered tones and strong composition. Also, I’m looking for pure black and white – not colour-toned images as we’ll do that another time.
The lucky winner this time will receive a fantastic H&Y magnetic filter kit that makes changing filters a doddle. The kit comprises magnetic stripes that attach to your filter holder, and three sets of magnetic frames for your 100mm filters. You replace the filter slots on your holder with the magnets and clip the frames around your filters. Then the filters just stick to the holder and can be switched in no time at all. It is all very handy.
You have until midnight 31st October to get your entries in – so get your skates on and let’s see those pictures. 🙂
- The Competition (“The Lumix G Experience Photo Challenge”) is open to residents of the UK and Republic of Ireland (ROI) aged 18 years or over, excluding employees and their immediate families (defined as parents, siblings, children & spouse regardless of where they live) of Panasonic U.K. Limited (“Promoter”), its affiliated companies, their agents or anyone professionally connected with this promotion.
- To enter, submit one picture representing the current theme of the challenge. Only one picture per user is allowed for this competition. The competitor who submits the best picture will be awarded a H&Y filter holder adapter. There will be no prizes awarded for 2nd or 3rd runners up.
- The picture should be submitted between 1st October 2018 and 31st October 2018 through the Photo Challenge section of the Lumix G Experience website: https://www.lumixgexperience.panasonic.co.uk/competitions/photo-challenge
- Winners will be selected by a third party chosen Panasonic agency with an independent promotional verification service, from all valid entries received by 31st October 2018.
- Winners will be notified by phone or email using the information supplied at time of entry within 7 days of the end of the competition.
- At no time should you endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or infringe any laws when taking pictures. In particular do not provide to us images of any individual without obtaining their prior consent for us to publish and process their images.
- By participation in this promotion you confirm that you have the ownership rights in the pictures and do grant Panasonic a royalty-free, non-exclusive license to publish and otherwise use the material in any way that we want, and in any media worldwide.
- Prizes are not transferable and unless outlined in these terms and conditions of Promotion there are no cash alternatives available.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to offer alternative prizes of equal or greater value.
- Please allow up to 28 days for delivery of the prize. Prizes will be delivered to UK and ROI addresses only.
- Promoter reserves the right to request proof of age and identity of winners.
- By entering the Promotion entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and Terms and Conditions of Promotion. All entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions of Promotion.
- Any breach of these Terms and Conditions of Promotion may invalidate an entry and/or result in a forfeit of the prize.
- Winners agree to participate in any reasonable publicity arranged by the Promoter or its agencies.
- The Promoter or its agencies accept no responsibility for entries lost, damaged, corrupted, delayed or otherwise not received for any reason, whether any such failure is within the control of the Promoter or its agencies. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt of receipt.
- The Promoter or its agencies accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by an entrant as a result of entering this Promotion or accepting or not accepting any of the prizes. However nothing shall exclude the liability of Promoter for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- Promoter’s decision is final in all matters relating to this Promotion and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Your personal data which you provide to us will be used only to facilitate the Competition.
- Promoter is Panasonic UK, a branch of Panasonic Marketing Europe GmbH, Maxis 2, Western Road, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 1RT
- Please do not send entries to this address.