- LUMIX G
LUMIX G Experience 4K Photo of The Year 2015
We’re hereby launching the search for this year’s LUMIX G Photographer of the Year – and it could be you!
So, it is that time of year when once again we invite you to send us at Panasonic your finest 4K image – or images, plural, if you would like to enter both categories – for the chance to be named a 2015 Photographer of the Year. The choice of subject matter is entirely up to you – still life, landscape, portrait, macro, abstract… whatever befriends your lens!
Specifically, this challenge is for the best 4K photograph, which is the say the best image taken from a LUMIX 4K video. The closing date is 20th September 2015, so get out there with your cameras and be creative! Show us what you are most proud of…
The 4K video-image category 2015 LUMIX G Photographer of the Year will win a G7 body – the award-winning camera well established as the video hobbyist’s LUMIX. Again, the second-placed runner-up will receive £100 to spend on additional kit, and both winners will be able to hang their photographs as a framed print on their wall.
If of course you wish to enter other competition…
The stills category 2015 LUMIX G Photographer of the Year will win a brand-new LUMIX GX8 camera body – the very latest addition to Panasonic’s flagship range, only just out this month. The second-placed runner-up will receive £100 to spend on kit, and both winners will also be awarded a framed print of their award-worthy image.
Judging the 4K images will be Ross Grieve, whose passion for photography was first ignited over 20 years ago in his native New Zealand. He has since developed it during his travels producing great work worldwide, and these days is a Panasonic Ambassador. Ross, who works out of his own studio in Cresselly, Pembrokeshire, says that like Phil he can’t wait to get started looking through all your entries.
So, make sure you get your images in to the chaps before the closing date of 20th September 2015.
How does it work?
Simply click the enter button below, upload your image, name your photo, In addition, our judge would like to know the background to your 4K photograph and video including the link (YouTube or Vimeo) to your 4K video. So, you will see there is the opportunity to also provide some insight into your work for Ross. Got it? Good! Now, get our there with your LUMIX and give it your all…
- The “LUMIX G Experience Photographer of the Year 2015” competition (hereafter referred to as “the Competition”) is promoted by Panasonic UK, a branch of Panasonic Marketing Europe GmbH whose registered address is Panasonic House, Willoughby Road, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 8FP (“the Promoter”)
- The Competition is only open to members of the LUMIX G Experience community (located at url: www.lumixgexperience.co.uk) who are residents of the UK and Republic of Ireland (ROI), aged 18 years or over, excluding employees and their immediate families (defined as parents, siblings, children & spouse regardless of where they live) of the Promoter, its affiliated companies, their agents or anyone professionally connected with the Competition.
- The Competition starts at 11am on 17th July 2015 and closes at midnight on 20th September 2015. Any entries submitted outside this period will not be considered.
- The Competition is divided into two categories – a still photo competition and a 4K photo competition. To enter the Competition, participants must submit their entry for either or both of these categories as follows:
- Still photo for the still photo competition; and/or
- 4K photo and associated video for the 4K photo competition
taken between 1st June 2014 and 20th September 2015. Any picture/video taken before or after these dates will not be considered.
- Only one entry may be submitted per category and per participant. Multiple entries will not be considered.
- Participants must adhere to the LUMIX G Experience Guidelines of use available at: http://www.lumixgexperience.panasonic.co.uk/terms-conditions/
- No purchase is necessary to enter the Competition.
- The picture should be submitted through the competition section of the LUMIX G Experience website: http://www.lumixgexperience.panasonic.co.uk/competitions/competition/
- The 4K Photo should be submitted through https://www.lumixgexperience.panasonic.co.uk/competitions/photo-challenge/lumix-g-4k-photo-of-the-year/enter of the LUMIX G Experience website
- A link (YouTube or Vimeo) to your 4K video must be submitted within your 4K Photo description in order for your entry to be valid.
- Your submitted 4K Video link in your 4K photo description must be titled as follows: My Video for #4Kphoto: [title of your film]
- One winner and one runner up per category will be selected from among the valid and qualifying entries.
- The judges for the Competition will be resident photographer Phil Surbey for the still photo competition and Panasonic Ambassador Ross Grieve for the 4K photo competition.
- For the still photo competition, a winner and runner up will be selected by the judge based on the images they consider to be the best composed, artistic, interesting and technically sound from all valid entries. For the 4K photo competition, a winner and runner up will be judged by the quality of their 4K Video and 4K photo uploaded by the participants along with the details provided with their entries.
- In the event that one or both judges are unable to judge the Competition for any reason the Promoter will ensure that a replacement judge is appointed who is also independent and suitably qualified to judge the Competition
- Promoter reserves the right to request proof of age and identity of prize winners.
- Any breach of these Terms and Conditions of Promotion may invalidate an entry and/or result in a forfeit of the prize.
- Promoter’s decision is final in all matters relating to this Competition and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner of the still photo competition will be awarded with a Panasonic LUMIX GX8 body only delivered to the address provided at the registration time.
- The winner of the 4K photo competition will be awarded with a Panasonic LUMIX G7 body only delivered to the address provided at the registration time.
- The runner up for each category will receive a £100 Panasonic voucher to be spent on LUMIX G kit of their choice (voucher will be only valid for LUMIX G accessories and lenses).
- Using the information supplied at time of entry, prize winners will be notified by phone or email within 7 days of the end of the Competition.
- If a prize winner does not respond to the Promoter or its agency within 21 days of being notified of their win, then the prize will be forfeited and the Promoter or its agency shall be entitled to select another winner using the process referred to above. If a prize winner rejects the Prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these terms, then the prize will be forfeited and the Promoter or its agency shall be entitled to select another winner using the process referred to above.
- Please allow up to 28 days for delivery of the prize. Prizes will be delivered to UK and ROI addresses only.
- All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to offer alternative prizes of equal or greater value.
- All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them. It is the responsibility of each Participant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Participants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it
- Participants confirm that each individual whose image is featured in the Competition entry has given consent for the use of his/her image in connection with this Competition and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Where an individual whose image is featured in a Competition entry is aged less than 18 years the Participant confirms that the parent or guardian of that individual has given the relevant consent.
- The winner’s entry and selected gallery and video shots will also be featured on the Promoter’s website as well as on the LUMIX G Experience website.
- Participants agree by entering the Competition that the winning entry or entries can be used by the Promoter for marketing and promotional purposes.
- By participating in this Competition you confirm that you have the ownership rights in the pictures and that you grant Panasonic:
a. Permission for your entry to be published on the Promoter’s website as well as on the LUMIX G Experience website; and
c. The right to use your name and county of residence for the sole purpose of identifying you as the author of your entry and/or as a winner of the Competition.
Privacy and Data Protection
- Winners agree to participate in any reasonable publicity arranged by the Promoter or its agencies.
- Any personal data relating to participants will be used in accordance with UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to any third party without the individual’s prior consent unless to fulfill any requirements of the Competition.
- The Promoter may pass participants’ details to third parties and/or otherwise engage third party providers in connection with this Competition where the third party is acting on the Promoter’s behalf for the purposes of administering this Competition and/or any subsequent publicity, and/or for the purposes of sending participant the Promoter’s marketing materials; and/or as otherwise required by law.
- At no time should you endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or infringe any laws when taking pictures.
- By entering the Promotion Participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and Terms and Conditions of Promotion. All entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions of Promotion.
- The Promoter or its agencies accept no responsibility for entries lost, damaged, corrupted, delayed or otherwise not received for any reason, whether any such failure is within the control of the Promoter or its agencies. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt of receipt.
- The Promoter or its agencies accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by an Participant as a result of entering this Promotion or accepting or not accepting any of the prizes. However nothing shall exclude the liability of Promoter for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- The Promoter reserves the right to extend or withdraw this competition at any time with or without prior notice.
- The Competition and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by English law and participants to the Competition submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.