- LUMIX Ambassadors
- LUMIX G
LUMIX G Experience 4K Photographer of The Year 2016
It’s here again – the two-strand competition for LUMIX G photographers that separates the ‘wowers’ from the ‘snappers’, the ‘that’s amazing’ from the ‘that’ll do’! This is your chance to shine before your peers and our judges, and to show our online community your skills behind the lens. We are proud to launch LUMIX G Photographer of the Year 2016 – make sure you enter for your chance to WIN one of our amazing prizes!
Every year, the LUMIX G Experience community comes together – as members seize the chance to be named a 2016 Photographer of the Year. As many of you will remember, the standard set last year was very high indeed. Whether you’ve been with us for years or are relatively new to our online community, we at Panasonic warmly invite you to showcase your skills and literally give us your best shot – or shots, if you’d like to enter in both categories: straightforward LUMIX photograph and 4K photograph, i.e. an image extracted from a 4K video shot on a camera with this function, such as the LUMIX GH4.
The start date for receipt of entries is upon us – 25 August – meaning you have a little over one month from this Thursday until the closing date – 30th September – to get your entry, or entries, in to us. The winners will then be announced on Friday 7th October. So if you want it to be you, you need to get out there with your LUMIX camera, set to shoot in regular mode or 4K video, and capture something you’ll be proud to show the world!
For this year’s twin competitions, we are setting a theme – UNMISSABLE MOMENTS. Naturally, however, it’s entirely up to you to interpret this as you see fit. So, ask yourself: what does ‘unmissable’ mean to you? We know many of our LUMIX G photographers never go anywhere without their cameras at the ready, so it could be an instance of pure magic you’ve captured on the spur of the moment. Or maybe it will be something truly amazing that you waited hours for, determined to catch it just so. Perhaps you might take inspiration from the Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games? Or maybe it will be an idea triggered by something much closer to home, such as your own family, friends or pets? Your unmissable moment could be precious time with someone really special, or a place and time with a certain resonance, captured as a moment to share. So, a fleeting moment preserved in time – whatever ‘unmissable moments’ suggests to you…
We also want you to tell us a little about your unmissable moment when you submit your entry image, and give the still image or 4K video a title. The judges – Emma Drabble and Steven Clarey, see below – will be taking this description into account in their assessment of the quality of your work. So, make sure you explain the thinking behind your image – and also bear in mind that the judges will be looking back through up to 12 months of your LUMIX G Experience gallery on the website. So your photography as a whole will be a factor in choosing the best entries.
What you can WIN
Both the still photography category for 2016 LUMIX G Photographer of the Year and the 4K video category will see a first prize winner and two runners-up chosen from all entries received by the end of September. So, in total there will be six prizes awarded for this year’s twin competitions. Those two top prizes will be a brand-new LUMIX GX80 camera body, while all four runners-up will win 20% off at PanaDirect. In addition, all six winners will receive a framed print of their entered image.
We are delighted to announce that two of our Panasonic LUMIX Ambassadors have agreed to judge the twin competitions for us this year. Emma Drabble, based in Ross-on-Wye, describes herself as a ‘people photographer’ and ‘a believer in the moment’ – making her the ideal person to look through your ‘unmissable moments’ entries. Training originally in France, she now works commercially and on commission, and has shot everything from actors to dressage horses, working for an array of people from architects to food producers. “My LUMIX G cameras are like a paintbrush in my hand,” says Emma. “Always delivering some extra magic!”
Joining Emma in judging the 2016 LUMIX G Photographer of the Year is Steven Clarey. A keen nature photographer, he now operates – appropriately enough, given its glorious surrounding countryside – out of Carmarthen. With a passion for capturing action imagery of all kinds, Steven has lately been busy photographing a wealth of extreme sports worldwide, including motoring and athletics. Among his recent big-name clients are Red Bull and Ford Racing – and he says he’s hoping to be as blown away by your entries as he was by the aces he was shooting there!
Now, get out there and get creative…
To enter, please visit the 2016 LUMIX Photographer of the Year website page at www.lumixgexperience.panasonic.co.uk/competitions/photo-challenge/ upload your image and tell us its title. For the 4K video category, the title will be for your film from which the image was selected, and you also need to supply that – you will see how to upload it as well, and please name this: ‘My Video for #4Kphoto: [name of your film]’. For all entries, you will also see where to type up the background to your photograph for our judges to read – e.g. where it was taken and how you feel you have captured the essence of our ‘unmissable moments’ theme. And remember that Emma and Steven will also be looking through all the photos in your gallery on the LUMIX G Experience website, going back up to a year.
Wishing you all the best of luck!
View Full Terms & Conditions
LUMIX G Photographer of the Year 2016 Competition Terms and Conditions
Privacy and Data Protection
LUMIX G Photographer of the Year 2016 Competition Terms and Conditions
1. The “LUMIX G Experience Photographer of the Year 2016” competition (hereafter referred to as “the Competition”) is promoted by Panasonic UK, a branch of Panasonic Marketing Europe GmbH whose registered address is Panasonic House, Willoughby Road, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 8FP (“the Promoter”).
2. The Competition is only open to members of the LUMIX G Experience community (located at url: www.lumixgexperience.co.uk) who are residents of the UK and Republic of Ireland (ROI), aged 18 years or over, excluding employees and their immediate families (defined as parents, siblings, children & spouse regardless of where they live) of the Promoter, its affiliated companies, their agents or anyone professionally connected with the Competition.
3. The Competition starts at 11:00am on 25th August 2016 and closes 23:59 on 30th September 2016. Any entries submitted outside this period will not be considered.
4. The Competition is divided into two categories – a still photo competition and a 4K photo competition. To enter the Competition, participants must submit their entry for either or both of these categories as follows:
• Still photo for the still photo competition (“Still Photo”); and/or
• 4K photo and associated video for the 4K photo competition (“4K Photo”);
taken between 1st June 2015 and 30th September 2016. Any picture/video taken before or after these dates will not be considered.
5. Only one entry may be submitted per category and per participant. Multiple entries will not be considered.
6. Participants must adhere to the LUMIX G Experience Guidelines of use available at: http://www.lumixgexperience.panasonic.co.uk/terms-conditions/
7. No purchase is necessary to enter the Competition.
9. The Still Photo should be submitted through the competition section of the LUMIX G Experience website: http://www.lumixgexperience.panasonic.co.uk/competitions/competition/
10. The 4K Photo should be submitted through https://www.lumixgexperience.panasonic.com/competitions/photo-challenge/ of the LUMIX G Experience website
11. A link (YouTube or Vimeo) to your 4K video must be submitted within your 4K Photo description in order for your entry to be valid.
12. Your 4K Photo description must be titled as follows: My Video for #4Kphoto: [title of your film]
14. One winner and one runner up per category will be selected from among the valid and qualifying entries.
15. The judges for the Competition will be Lumix Ambassadors Steven Clarey and Emma Drabble.
16. For the Still Photo, a winner and runner up will be selected by the judge based on the images they consider to be the best composed, artistic, interesting and technically sound from all valid entries. They will also be considering the details provided with the entries. For the 4K Photo , a winner and runner up will be judged by the quality of their 4K video and 4K photo uploaded by the participants along with the details provided with their entries.
17. In the event that one or both judges are unable to judge the Competition for any reason the Promoter will ensure that a replacement judge is appointed who is also independent and suitably qualified to judge the Competition.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to request proof of age and identity of prize winners.
19. Any breach of these terms and conditions of the Competition may invalidate an entry and/or result in a forfeit of the prize.
20. The Promoter’s decision is final in all matters relating to the Competition and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. The winner of the Still Photo will be awarded with a Panasonic LUMIX GX80 or LUMIX G80 body only delivered to the address provided at the registration time.
22. The winner of the 4K Photo will be awarded with a Panasonic LUMIX GX80 or LUMIX G80 body only delivered to the address provided at the registration time.
23. The runner up for each category will receive a 20% voucher to be spent on PanaDirect.
24. Using the information supplied at time of entry, prize winners will be notified by phone or email within 7 days of the end of the Competition.
25. If a prize winner does not respond to the Promoter or its agency within 21 days of being notified of their win, then the prize will be forfeited and the Promoter or its agency shall be entitled to select another winner using the process referred to above. If a prize winner rejects the Prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these terms, then the prize will be forfeited and the Promoter or its agency shall be entitled to select another winner using the process referred to above.
26. Please allow up to 28 days for delivery of the prize. Prizes will be delivered to UK and ROI addresses only.
27. All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
28. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to offer alternative prizes of equal or greater value should the original prize become unavailable.
29. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them. It is the responsibility of each participant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Participants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it
30. Participants confirm that each individual whose image is featured in the Competition entry has given consent for the use of his/her image in connection with the Competition and in accordance with these terms and conditions. Where an individual whose image is featured in the Competition entry is aged less than 18 years the participant confirms that the parent or guardian of that individual has given the relevant consent.
31. The winner’s entry and selected gallery and video shots will also be featured on the Promoter’s website as well as on the LUMIX G Experience website.
32. Participants agree by entering the Competition that the winning entry or entries can be used by the Promoter for marketing and promotional purposes.
33. By participating in the Competition you confirm that you have the ownership rights in the pictures and that you grant Panasonic:
a. Permission for your entry to be published on the Promoter’s website as well as on the LUMIX G Experience website; and
c. The right to use your name and county of residence for the sole purpose of identifying you as the author of your entry and/or as a winner of the Competition.
Privacy and Data Protection
34. Winners agree to participate in any reasonable publicity arranged by the Promoter or its agencies.
35. Any personal data relating to participants will be used in accordance with UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to any third party without the individual’s prior consent unless to fulfill any requirements of the Competition.
36. The Promoter may pass participants’ details to third parties and/or otherwise engage third party providers in connection with the Competition where the third party is acting on the Promoter’s behalf for the purposes of administering the Competition and/or any subsequent publicity, and/or for the purposes of sending participant the Promoter’s marketing materials; and/or as otherwise required by law.
37. At no time should you endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or infringe any laws when taking pictures.
38. By entering the Promotion, participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and terms and conditions of the Competition. All entry instructions form part of these terms and conditions of the Competition.
39. The Promoter or its agencies accept no responsibility for entries lost, damaged, corrupted, delayed or otherwise not received for any reason, whether any such failure is within the control of the Promoter or its agencies. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt of receipt.
40. The Promoter or its agencies accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by a participant as a result of entering this Promotion or accepting or not accepting any of the prizes. However nothing shall exclude the liability of Promoter for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
41. The Promoter reserves the right to extend or withdraw the Competition at any time with or without prior notice.
42. The Competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and participants to the Competition submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.