Graphic Lines and Shapes
For a moment stop seeing the world as a series of things, and begin to appreciate that all objects and things are created from a collection of lines and shapes. The squares, hard edges and graphic angles in architecture are usually obvious, but in natural forms we sometimes have to look a little harder.
The curve of an arm, the sweep of a coastline or the blocks of a pavement are all examples of what I’m looking for with this theme. Don’t forget though, physical things are not always required as shadows and patches of light can also produce the most exciting graphic designs. Even the most everyday objects, places and views can take on a new life when you begin to divide them into their individual shapes and when you work to see the patterns, lines and the drama in the ordinary.
Go out with your eyes open and attempt to see the world with a new vision – where we suspend our usual understanding of the things around us, and begin to look in a different way.
The lucky winner will take home a fantastic Manfrotto Advanced Camera Shoulder Bag, designed specifically for smaller system cameras – like Lumix G models. The bag can hold a body as well as two to three lenses in its fully padded protective compartments , and when the heavens open it has a built-in pull-over rain to protect itself and all your toys. It really is very smart, and is the perfect bag for anything from the Lumix GX80 to the GH5. You can find out more about it on the Manfrotto website. https://www.manfrotto.co.uk/advanced-camera-shoulder-bag-compact-1-for-csc-rain-cover
As we have the festive season upon us I’m going to give you a bit of extra time for this one, so work hard at it and get your entries in by the 15th January.
- The Competition (“The Lumix G Experience Photo Challenge”) is open to residents of the UK and Republic of Ireland (ROI) aged 18 years or over, excluding employees and their immediate families (defined as parents, siblings, children & spouse regardless of where they live) of Panasonic U.K. Limited (“Promoter”), its affiliated companies, their agents or anyone professionally connected with this promotion.
- To enter, submit one picture representing the current theme of the challenge. Only one picture per user is allowed for this competition. The competitor who submits the best picture will be awarded an A3 canvas of their photo. There will be no prizes awarded for 2nd or 3rd runners up.
- The picture should be submitted between 1st December 2017 and 15th January 2018 through the Photo Challenge section of the Lumix G Experience website: www.lumixgexperience.panasonic.co.uk/photo-challenge
- Winners will be selected by a third party chosen Panasonic agency with an independent promotional verification service, from all valid entries received by 15th January 2018.
- Winners will be notified by phone or email using the information supplied at time of entry within 7 days of the end of the competition.
- At no time should you endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or infringe any laws when taking pictures. In particular do not provide to us images of any individual without obtaining their prior consent for us to publish and process their images.
- By participation in this promotion you confirm that you have the ownership rights in the pictures and do grant Panasonic a royalty-free, non-exclusive license to publish and otherwise use the material in any way that we want, and in any media worldwide.
- Prizes are not transferable and unless outlined in these terms and conditions of Promotion there are no cash alternatives available.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to offer alternative prizes of equal or greater value.
- Please allow up to 28 days for delivery of the prize. Prizes will be delivered to UK and ROI addresses only.
- Promoter reserves the right to request proof of age and identity of winners.
- By entering the Promotion entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and Terms and Conditions of Promotion. All entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions of Promotion.
- Any breach of these Terms and Conditions of Promotion may invalidate an entry and/or result in a forfeit of the prize.
- Winners agree to participate in any reasonable publicity arranged by the Promoter or its agencies.
- The Promoter or its agencies accept no responsibility for entries lost, damaged, corrupted, delayed or otherwise not received for any reason, whether any such failure is within the control of the Promoter or its agencies. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt of receipt.
- The Promoter or its agencies accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by an entrant as a result of entering this Promotion or accepting or not accepting any of the prizes. However nothing shall exclude the liability of Promoter for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- Promoter’s decision is final in all matters relating to this Promotion and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Your personal data which you provide to us will be used only to facilitate the Competition.
- Promoter is Panasonic UK, a branch of Panasonic Marketing Europe GmbH, Willoughby Road, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12
- Please do not send entries to this address.